So you’re submitting an article, huh?
What you should know…
The Bendigo Standard does not pay for article submissions at the moment. Heck, this thing doesn’t make any money at all. If it did, then we would pay you.
- The headline is the most important bit. This is the joke. It has to stand on its own. If it doesn’t, we may reject the article. We want it to be good and not any crap published.
- If it makes us laugh, then there’s a high chance it will be published.
- We have the right to edit, amend or delete any such material at any time without notice to you. Submitting your article to us does not guarantee it will be published.
- If we don’t publish your article, please don’t be offended. If you don’t hear from us within a week, assume that your piece won’t be published.
- We suggest pitching your idea via a Facebook message before you start writing.
So what happens after you hit submit?
- All articles are edited for quality and given a featured image.
- Your article is then scheduled for publication by the editor. We will let you know when it will be published.
- By sending us your submission, you give us permission to edit and publish your article in any format.