Use of our websites
Access to Bendigo Standard Websites
We try to ensure that website availability is uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, we cannot guarantee that your access will not be suspended or restricted from time to time, including to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We of course try to limit the frequency and duration of any suspension or restriction.
The works presented in this website are satire, parody, spoof and are completely fictitious.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The copyright of any published material belongs to the author.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
The Bendigo Standard will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to work stored in our system. However, all attempts will be made to ensure that any loss or damage is limited.
Advertising and Links
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
All users must be aware that they are legally responsible for the work and material that they add to any website owned by The Bendigo Standard.
You must not use the website in any way that causes or is likely to cause the website or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way. You understand that you are solely responsible for all electronic communications and contents sent from your computer to us. You must use the website for lawful purposes only. You must not use the website for any of the following:
- For fraudulent purposes or in connection with a criminal offence or otherwise carry out any unlawful activity
- To send, use or re-use any material that is illegal, overly offensive, abusive, indecent, harmful, overly defamatory, overly obscene or menacing, racist, abusive, threatening, invasive of privacy, in breach of confidence, infringes any intellectual property rights, or which consists of or contains software viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any spam. It is at the discretion of The Bendigo Standard to decide which information contravenes this rule, and your work may as a result be edited or deleted.
- To cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety
- To impersonate any third party or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your content
- To post advertisements or promotions of any kind without prior written consent from The Bendigo Standard.
It is at the discretion of The Bendigo Standard to decide which information contravenes these terms, and any submissions to the websites may as a result be edited or deleted.
The Bendigo Standard withholds the right to ban any user for any reason and at any time, and also withholds the right to remove any materials under the same restrictions.
Any alterations made by The Bendigo Standard to your work may be queried by yourself at any time by contacting us via our Facebook page or our contact page. Re-editing work to undo alterations made by The Bendigo Standard will not be accepted and will be met with a warning. This includes any alterations/replacements of images used in your work.
After 3 warnings, we reserve the right to ban you from uploading work on The Bendigo Standard. Any major abuse of the system may result in an immediate ban.
Any decision taken by The Bendigo Standard is final. Backups of your original work will be kept for the length of any dispute where possible, and will afterwards either be re-instated or deleted.
We will always attempt to inform you if action is taken against any of your work, by sending you emails where applicable.
If you are unsure of whether your work contravenes any of the points above, please make the effort to contact us and we will do our best to help you.