A family of twelve barely made it out of their California Gully home last night before it was engulfed in flames.
Sharon Issacson saw a spider while in the bathroom but could not find a shoe. Her husband Jackson was at the other end of the house and didn’t hear her cries for help. As a last resort for help, she set the house on fire.
“I refuse to live here anymore. It’s better to be safe than sorry. You should’ve seen the size of that thing,” she said.
According to Mrs Issacson, the spider measured approximately 3 metres, had sharp teeth and answers to the name Norm.
Neighbours saw flames and smoke billowing through the roof and called triple zero — but the four-bedroom brick house could not be saved.
The rented property was home to a Jackson and Sharon Issacson, their two sons and two daughters, four grandchildren and two foster children. They all escaped unharmed.
The Issacson family lost everything in the blaze, which police suspect was accidentally lit.
As news broke throughout the town of the fire and the plight of the family, the community has pulled together to support the family and to supply them with some much-needed necessities.
Fortunately, Norm the spider escaped the blaze unhurt.